Friday, August 22, 2008

Sturgis 2008

I traveled by plane to Sturgis SD for 6 days this month. It was the annual Sturgis Bike Week event. The little town of 6,500 people swells to about 500,000 for this event. It presents a great opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus. I teamed with many people from across the nation to partner with Dakota Baptist Convention & Ronnie Hill Evangelism. We gave away a 105th anniversary model of the 2008 Harley Davidson Deluxe.
I had the privilege of sharing with hundreds and leading many to salvation. I met so many people (co-workers) on this trip and through our work together I learned many things about myself. Other things I already suspected were confirmed for me too. I have found something I love and it just works for me. I enjoy this season and hope it continues. With each event I do, I find that as I give, I am blessed and learn more about my relationship with God.

My next trip is to Nicaragua again in October. I have watched Voice of Hope Ministries calendar and a couple of churches from VA and AR are going. Another person from GA that I met on my previous trip is going too. I will meet up with them and serve again. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: